Luca Denk: 2012-2015
September 18, 2019
1. What year or years did you attend AIS-Salzburg and at what grade levels?
I started at AIS as a sophomore in 2012 and graduated in 2015.
2. What is your fondest memory of attending AIS-Salzburg?
German literature class with Mrs. Reiter.
3. Have you remained in contact with any former AIS-Salzburg classmates?
Unfortunately, I have only stayed in contact with some classmates through social media as we are spread all over the world now.
4. What have you done since graduating from AIS-Salzburg?
I started studying Law in Salzburg in 2015, did my mandatory military service in
2016, and earned one of the 300 Sports Military spots available from around 40.000 conscripts. Since my golfing career has been so intense since 2016, I have had to pause my Law studies, and I am now employed by the Military as an „athlete“, meaning I am employedto practice and compete in tournaments.
5. What aspects of your education at AIS-Salzburg assisted you in the success that your further academic and professional achievements represent?
I believe there is no specific aspect of education that helped me but rather the self-discipline I have learned over the years that I have attended AIS-Salzburg.
6. Are there particular moments or memories that have stayed with you over the years which are related with your enrollment at AIS-Salzburg?
Spending a week in Romania at the Habitat for Humanity site. It´s was great to help people in need, spending some time with my classmates and seeing what a positive impact we can have on the world.
7. Do you have any advice for students at AIS-Salzburg or applicants to the school?
My advice for AIS students is to make themselves a plan of what they want to get
done, set themselves a fairly strict time limit and stick to that time limit. You need to use your time efficiently, otherwise, you will not have lots of time to spend on things you enjoy more than studying. Especially when you are a senior.