September 20, 2021
The first of six overnight weekend trips planned for the 2021-2022 school year took place this past weekend as 20 students enjoyed a weekend of shopping, sightseeing and fun in Vienna. Students arrived in the Austrian capital in the early afternoon on Saturday and after checking in to the hotel were given a few hours of free time on the famous Viennese shopping street, the Mariahilferstrasse. This was followed by a trip to St. Stephen’s Cathedral for photos and an evening at the Prater Amusement Park. On Sunday, the students visited the Vienna Zoo in the afternoon, arriving at AIS-Salzburg in the late afternoon.
Potential future destinations currently in planning include:
- Munich for sightseeing, museums, entertainment
- Nürnberg for Christmas Market
- Klagenfurt/Wörthersee for boating, shopping, Minimundus, etc
- Innsbruck for hiking, sightseeing, entertainment, skiing
- Bregenz/Vorarlberg/Lichtenstein for sightseeing, entertainment, shopping, etc.
- Garmisch-Partenkirchen for skiing
- Stuttgart for Mercedes museum, shopping, entertainment
We invite you to watch the video below of the Vienna weekend trip.